SANTA BARBARA H.S. CHOIR PERFORMANCE
Saturday, May 28 at 3:00 pm
Shrine of St. Francis Church
The Madrigal Singers of Santa Barbara High School will give a concert in the church as part of their tour of San Francisco to celebrate the 100th anniversary of their Music Department. Directed by Mary La Face, this group of 13-18 year old girls & boys is all acapella.
As the top group in their school, the Madrigals Singers' combined talents come together with great accuracy and artistry. The group meets for four and a half hours a week, and in that short amount of time is able to learn and perfect a diverse and difficult repertoire. The history of the Madrigal Singers is a long and proud one, and the group has repeatedly traveled overseas to perform in Europe. For their concert with us they will be performing:
- O Magnum Mysterium - Morten Lauridsen
- Cantate domino - Hans Leo Hasler
- Twa Tanbou - Sydney Guillaume
- Shenandoah - arr. James Erb
- Some Nights - Nate Ruess, et al./arr. Andy Beck
- A Nightingale Sang in Berkley Square - Manning Sherwin/ arr. Gene Puerling
- The Way You Look Tonight - Jerome Kern/arr. Kirby Shaw Tambur - arr. Lajos Bardos
- Northern Lights - Ola Gjeilo
- O, My Love's Like a Red, Red, Rose - David Dickau
- My Shepherd Will Supply My Need - arr. Virgil Thomson
ORDINATION TO THE PRIESTHOOD
Saturday, June 4, 10:00 am
St. Mary's Cathedral, 1111 Gough St., San Francisco
Deacon Andrew William Ginter will be ordained to the priesthood on Saturday, June 4, at 10:00 am in the Cathedral of Saint Mary of the Assumption. All are invited to share this profound moment with Deacon Ginter, Archbishop Cordileone, and all the priests of the archdiocese. A reception will follow the Mass.
The new Reverend Ginter will say a Mass of Thanksgiving on Sunday, June 5, at 11:00 am at St. Anthony of Padua Church, 1000 Cambridge Street, Novato.
Capuchin St. Anthony's Feast Day Celebration Event
Hosted by Mona Lisa Restaurant – North Beach
353 Columbus Street
(ph: 415-989-4917), www.monalisasf.com
Sunday, June 12, 2016 - 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
Dine at Mona Lisa Restaurant in North Beach this day and support the Feast of St. Anthony and the Capuchin Franciscans Western America Province. Enjoy lunch or dinner featuring a special Capuchin St. Anthony's meal, or enjoy any item on the menu. Meet our Capuchin friars and celebrate with family and friends.
A portion of the day's proceeds will be donated to the Capuchin Franciscans Western America Province by Mona Lisa Restaurant to support the California Capuchin ministries and Mission in: education, parish, prisons, and VA and hospitals throughout the state.
No advance tickets or reservations required. Other Capuchin activities available in the afternoon include:
- Tours of the National Shrine of St. Francis of Assisi (across the street)
- Enjoy a 3 p.m. Capuchin Musical Concert by Capuchin Brothers Music. Through their blend of Catholic Rock, Hip-Hop, and Rap this band of friars spread the Good News with their own unique sound. Their CD, "Metanoia: A Change of Heart" will be made available for purchase at the National Shrine.
We hope to see you there. Questions: please call Capuchin Development at 650-347-1505.